Do you ever sit and wonder what you core rules that support who you are? I have been teaching my children mine for many years. I only hope that in someways the learn from my wisdom before having to create these simple rules for themselves.
- Say what you mean, mean what you say
- you never know what is going on behind closed doors, don’t judge
- never sell something to a friend or borrow money from them. Nothing is worth the loss of their friendship.
- Don’t let the dirty bastards grind you down.
- Love with all that you can, even when the person does not deserve it.
- Blood is thicker than water, but sometimes you need to stop donating.
- True friends only hide, never leave and when the shit hits the fan they will be there for you.
- Don’t be scared it is only stuff and stuff can be replaced.
- Take your time enjoy the ride, there is beauty all around
- Stand true to who you are, if you are wrong make changes
- Don’t let lies about you stand, but don’t waste your time on them as well
- Never commit adultery, there is more at stake than you can comprehend
- Don’t sleep around, sex is not the end all be all, only fools lead by their hormones…
So these are my core rules not all have been given to the children, yet but in time they will. SO what are yours, have you looked lately?
“if you don’t stand for something, you will fall for everything”